Public bug reported:

Using the DatePicker is more difficult than it needs to be.

OS: 14.09-RTM Ubuntu-Touch on bq aquaris

Example: When adding a new event in the Calendar app, I am presented
with 2 DatePicker widgets (one for date and one for time).

Expected behaviour: I expect to be able to scroll to my desired date and
time quickly and efficiently. I expect it to be particularly easy to
select values at the 0,15,30,45 minute times.

Current behaviour: A small movement on the DatePicker dial causes the
dial to spin quickly. It is far too easy to overshoot the desired value
(often by a long way), Making a precise selection is fiddly and takes
longer than desirable. "Common" time increments such as 0,15,30 and 45
are no easier to select than 1,16,31 or 46, and the latter are often
picked accidently.

I don't know if this sensitivity to gesture is due to the high dpi
screen, or whether it is resolution independent.

** Affects: ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-toolkit in

  DatePicker scrolls too quickly, making precision difficult

Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu: