** Also affects: oem-priority

** Also affects: oem-priority/trusty

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Config option to set UNITY_LOW_GFX_MODE=1

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  New
Status in OEM Priority Project trusty series:
  New
Status in Unity:
  Triaged
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  Right now the procedure to turn on low_gfx_mode is
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1293384/comments/15

  "sudo -H gedit /usr/share/gnome-session/sessions/ubuntu.session
  Remove "compiz" from the RequiredComponents list

  sudo -H gedit /usr/share/upstart/sessions/unity7.conf:

  Add these lines after "export COMPIZ_CONFIG_PROFILE":
  env UNITY_LOW_GFX_MODE="1"
  export UNITY_LOW_GFX_MODE"

  We should add a config option (preferably system wide) to tell
  Compiz/Unity to go to the LOW_GFX mode regardless of what the hardware
  says it can do.

  This will make it easier to setup items like terminal services using
  Unity.   This procedure has helped in at least one case for me, (a
  machine used by several users remotely using Unity).  I can imagine it
  would also help in multiseat scenarios, etc.