This bug is not in powerd itself, it's usually caused by the amount of
events that are either on hold before suspending, or that are triggered
after resuming back (which makes the device to take a while to fully
resume back).

We landed quite a few changes as part of OTA3 that reduced such events
(battery, console, etc), which improved quite a bit. I still saw this
happening once, but then wasn't really able to reproduce it anymore.

** Changed in: powerd (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to powerd in Ubuntu.

  Pressing power button to resume does not turn on screen

Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  New
Status in powerd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  [filing here although may be other components]

  Mako running 211 from rtm
   I experienced these symptoms which have been previously mitigated in other
scenarios.
  Last week while traveling and roaming this happened pretty much 100% of the
time.
  This occurred in all areas (hotel, MWC, outside, etc)

  Press power button, no response
  Press button again, screen turns on for a few seconds then turns off
  Press button again, either phone resumes or more often the power dialog is
shown

  When I returned back home the function was normal without reboot or
  other changes.

  The differences in environment:
  Roaming on foreign GSM network
  Lots of Wifi APs not connected

  Attached are some perhaps relevant logs, unfortunately the syslog
  rolled.