This might be better described as "No Import/export to/from files". I'd
certainly like VCF import.

Workaround: see http://askubuntu.com/q/360466/7808

** Summary changed:

- No access to contacts on File
+ No import/export to/from files

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to address-book-app in

  No import/export to/from files

Status in address-book-app package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  There are no option to sync contact for a human being form the
  Contacts apps, from a backup file (xml,vcf,…?). This need comes from
  that many users of Ubuntu might be moving from Android or other famous
  OS on phone; these OS not always give the option to sync contact on
  SIM, but on an file on the SDCARD, so Ubuntu (address-book-app) should
  provide a way to import these backups.

  Steps :

   * Launch contacts
   * no option to sync, import/export contact are found on the interface (only
a search option and a + option)
   * swipe from down to access the + menu, users might expect to add manually
contact here, no more option like importing contacts from file.
   * To be sure I checked in the system settings, no import option found there

  User should be able to add contact from his backup on SDCARD (no one
  want to import hundreds of contacts manually).