Yes, the kernel is 3.19.2. I realised I was running a later version than
stock just after I submitted the report. I am deploying a fresh cloud
image onto a new machine and will double-check that it still happens
(but suspecting not). BTW: do you run the tests in a diferent way than
my 'for' loop?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  lxc-test-apparmor fails on aarch64

Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:

  Running lxc-test-apparmor fails on aarch64 (arm64) systems.

  The following files which are listed in files_to_deny[] in
  src/tests/aa.c:

     /sys/kernel/uevent_helper
     /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq

  are not denied, but should be.

  Perhaps I should be changing the apparmor profile for lxc before
  running the tests (but that's just a guess).

  I'm invoking the tests as:

     # for i in /usr/bin/lxc-test-* ; do $i || touch /tmp/$(basename
  $i).failed; done

  which results in the following failures:

    lxc-test-apparmor.failed
    lxc-test-autostart.failed
    lxc-test-containertests.failed
    lxc-test-unpriv.failed

  Package: lxc 1.0.7-0ubuntu0.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/proc/version_signature'
  Uname: Linux 3.19.2 aarch64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: arm64
  Date: Tue Apr 21 13:17:28 2015
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=screen-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: lxc
  defaults.conf:
   lxc.network.type = veth
   lxc.network.link = lxcbr0
   lxc.network.flags = up
   lxc.network.hwaddr = 00:16:3e:xx:xx:xx
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: arm64
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  KernLog:

  Package: lxc 1.0.7-0ubuntu0.1
  PackageArchitecture: arm64
  ProcCmdline: console=ttyS0,115200n8 root=/dev/sda1 rw rootwait
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=screen-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/proc/version_signature'
  Tags:  trusty uec-images
  Uname: Linux 3.19.2 aarch64
  UserGroups: kvm libvirtd