It's somewhat unclear whether unity8 should do anything about this,
except for maybe the wizard use case.

This is missing from the Networking design specification
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking.

** Also affects: ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: indicator-network (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- [Scopes] Ubuntu One sign in doesn't recognise when network connection is
established after previous failure
+ There should be a mechanism to detect login-protected WiFis

** Also affects: ubuntu-ux

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-system-settings-
online-accounts in Ubuntu.

  There should be a mechanism to detect login-protected WiFis

Status in Ubuntu UX bugs:
  New
Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  On first boot of the BQ device, I connected to a wifi point that
  requires the user to accept Terms and Conditions before making the
  internet available (although the user does have a wifi connection to
  the hotspot).

  Settings -> Accounts -> Ubuntu One signin reported an error (network
  or signing, I can't remember).

  I returned to the browser which led me to the routers page for
  accepting their T's & C's and the connection became available (I could
  now browse the web).

  Returning to the Ubuntu One signin screen, I re-entered my
  authentication details but got the same error continuously. Rebooting
  solved the issue.

  EXPECTED:
  After establishing the connection, Ubuntu One account signin should have
recognised that a connection had become available.