Public bug reported:

Bought a bq phone with Ubuntu. First thing it does was updating Apps and
the OS to Ubuntu Utopic Unicorn (development branch) - armhf
(20150410-232623). Build number 21.

Icons are missing at the apps scope as well as in the launcher see:
https://plus.google.com/113135226934524593062/posts/Rc7eYNHdntM

I can't remember if the icons were visible prior to the OS Update.

** Affects: unity8 (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "Foreground: Launcher with open app which its icon is
missing. Background: App Scope with missing icons of a few of installed apps."

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1447796/+attachment/4382331/+files/screenshot20151421_071412019.png

  Some icons are not visible

Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu: