I just changed the Status to Invalid, as NM has the capability to
leverage P2P mode for hotspots.

That said, there were changes to wpasupplicant required for certain
phones.  See bug #1426923 for details.

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  Support wifi hotspot by adding P2P support in network manager

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  With both adhoc and AP mode not possible as options for usage by
  Network Manager ( which supports HotSpot via one of those two modes ),
  we're forced to add support to NetworkManager to enable it to use the
  driver's P2P to support instead.