sorry for half finished post above!

Hi,
I think I have a related problem, that I am not able to solve.
I have the following setup:
sda=SSD (encrypted root luks)
sdb=HDD (encrypted data in encrypted lvm2)

I checked the UUIDs they are correct. The very same files work with
Upstart. With systemd I end up in the emergency console after entering
my passphrases. What does work, is removing the hdd-home and hdd-root
from the fstab. Leaving the swap makes no trouble at all with systemd.
Unfortunately I am not so familiar with either upstart or systemd.

Here are the crypttab and fstab files:

crypttab:
ssd-root        UUID=565ec7d6-ecd4-47d4-b3b7-e6d09a3e45f4 none luks,discard
lukslvm         UUID=bf8cb0cf-f216-4c02-a3fe-f53624e0e653       none    luks

fstab:
/dev/mapper/ssd-root / ext4 defaults,noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/mapper/vgubuntu-home /home/hdd-home auto defaults,noatime 0 2
/dev/mapper/vgubuntu-root /home/hdd-root auto defaults,noatime 0 2
/dev/mapper/vgubuntu-swap none swap sw 0 0
UUID=333fc063-e0c7-43ce-bc9f-388554cbb8b1 /boot ext3 defaults 0 2

In case I can help. I would provide more information. For now, I will
stick to upstart.

regards Gregor

  fails to boot with broken or missing root fs fstab entry

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I have just recently done a sudo apt-get upgrade, noting something about an
included 219 update -- after consequent reboot, the system now hangs at
starting 219. No light on Caps Lock. I have since been using upstart.
  Kernel using - I am on: Linux kubuntu 3.19.0-9-generic #9-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar
11 17:50:03 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  Same error when I try the 3.19.0.7-generic kernel.
  I have updated Grub, no change.