Actually, it's not a BUG.

** Changed in: vim (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to vim in Ubuntu.

  Regular Expression fails to match

Status in vim package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  It seems to be a BUG related to the regex engine:

  Sample Line To Search (there are no tabs):
  bli wh        hummm e     lzts txst           2       4

  (There are multiple spaces between most words on the sample line above.
  A file 'bug_sample_file' has been uploaded and it contains the line as it
really is)

  Searching consecutively from the start of the sample line above:
  /\S\s\+\S

  it doesn't stop on the char 'e' and on the char '2' as (I think) it should.
  Others stops (matches) are OK.

  Likewise, searching:
  /\S\s\{2,}\S

  It doesn't stop on the '2'  as (I think) it should.

  The behavior is the same running:
  vim -u NONE bug_sample_file
  Attached is the file bugreport.txt generated by VIM via:
  :so $VIMRUNTIME/bugreport.vim

  Package: vim-gnome 2:7.4.052-1ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-45.74-generic 3.13.11-ckt13
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-45-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.6
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: Unity