That's not really true. On my system for example, the directory
/dev/vboxusb/ exists with permissions

drwxr-x--- 4 root vboxusers 80 Mai  4 09:09 /dev/vboxusb/

So all users which are in group vboxusers can write to this sub-
directory. I'm sure there are more cases like this...

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lxc in Ubuntu.

  dev file system is mounted without noexec

Status in lxc package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  I just found that the /dev filesystem of most Ubuntu system is mounted
  without noexec, nosuid etc options.

  If you do everything to harden your system, and you are using squashfs
  as root file system (which is read-only), such auto-mounted devices
  can be a serious leak.

  This volume usually is quite small and for most folders only root has
  write access, so I don't know how much this bug is security relevant,
  but I think there is no reason to not change the mount options for
  /dev. And especially for LXC containers, I don't even know a
  workaround to fix it.

  STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

  me:~# cat >/dev/call-me.sh <<.e
  > #!/bin/sh
  > echo "I'm executable"
  > .e

  me:~# chmod +x /dev/call-me.sh

  me:~# /dev/call-me.sh
  I'm executable

  EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR

  me:~# /dev/call-me.sh
  -bash: /dev/call-me.sh: Permission denied

  WORKAROUND

  me:~# mount -oremount,noexec,nosuid /dev

  me:~# /dev/call-me.sh
  -bash: /dev/call-me.sh: Permission denied

  Unfortunately, this workaround doesn't work in LXC containers (where
  the same problem occurs) because of missing capabilities.

  Package: udev 204-5ubuntu20.11
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-49.83-generic 3.13.11-ckt17
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-49-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.10
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  CurrentDmesg: Error: command ['sh', '-c', 'dmesg | comm -13 --nocheck-order
/var/log/dmesg -'] failed with exit code 1: comm: /var/log/dmesg: Permission
denied
  CustomUdevRuleFiles: 51-android.rules 60-vboxdrv.rules