This bug was fixed in the package empathy - 3.12.9-1ubuntu2

---------------
empathy (3.12.9-1ubuntu2) vivid; urgency=medium

  * debian/control:
    - Remove WLM and Facebook plugins from Recommends (LP: #1432613)
    - Remove WLM and Facebook from package descriptions.
 -- Alberto Mardegan <alberto.marde...@canonical.com>   Fri, 17 Apr 2015
15:12:07 +0100

** Changed in: empathy (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to account-plugins in Ubuntu.

  Facebook and MSN messengers shutting down (third-party client access)

Status in Online Accounts: Account plugins:
  In Progress
Status in Webapps Team Task Tracking Project:
  In Progress
Status in account-plugins package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in empathy package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in account-plugins source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released
Status in empathy source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts source package in Trusty:
  Won't Fix
Status in account-plugins source package in Utopic:
  Fix Committed
Status in empathy source package in Utopic:
  Fix Committed
Status in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts source package in Utopic:
  Won't Fix
Status in account-plugins source package in Vivid:
  Fix Released
Status in empathy source package in Vivid:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts source package in Vivid:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  [ Description ]

  Facebook messenger and Windows Live messenger don't work any more
  because Facebook & Microsoft removed third-party support for them.

  [ Fix & QA ]

  Stop supporting IM accounts for these clients. For both creation &
  continued use.

  Verify that if you add a WLM or FB account in online accounts, empathy
  doesn't try to connect to it.

  account-plugins-windows-live shouldn't be pulled in by default any
  more (check a trusty daily which is built with proposed).

  [ Regression potential ]

  This is a regression, in that we stop supporting some account types.
  We don't have a choice about this.

  [ Original description ]

  The march towards a future of silos carries on.

  https://developers.facebook.com/docs/chat - the XMPP gateway for
  Facebook will shut down on April 30.

  http://ismsndeadyet.com/ - Microsoft are removing MSN endpoints.

  I guess we need to correspondingly remove IM support for these
  services & SRU it back.