This bug was fixed in the package gst-plugins-good0.10 -
0.10.31-3+nmu1ubuntu7

---------------
gst-plugins-good0.10 (0.10.31-3+nmu1ubuntu7) vivid; urgency=medium

  * debian/patches/0001-pulsesrc-improve-clock-handling.patch:
    - Cherry-pick from upstream to fix deadlock when recording
      (LP: #1433563)
 -- Ricardo Salveti de Araujo <ricardo.salv...@canonical.com>   Sun, 19 Apr
2015 20:02:41 -0300

** Changed in: gst-plugins-good0.10 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtmultimedia-opensource-
src in Ubuntu.

  QAudioRecorder recording hangs

Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  Confirmed
Status in gst-plugins-good0.10 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in qtmultimedia-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:

  Recording audio with QAudioRecorder intermittently fails for me.
  Another user even reported that it only works 1 out of 5-10 times.

  QAudioRecorder seems to hang on requesting the audio to be recorded
  (status QMediaRecortder::StartingStatus). When it actually works, it
  properly goes from starting to recording and then it's possible to
  record audio and playback.

  QAudioRecorder has an error() method, but it returns
  QMediaRecorder::NoError

  Since it was confirmed by two people (victorp, karni) we suspect it's
  a bug in the middleware rather than the apps.

  A test click has been sent to Ricardo's e-mail by Victor.

  phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ system-image-cli -i
  current build number: 20
  device name: krillin
  channel: (the BQ channel)