** Changed in: gnupg

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gnupg in Ubuntu.

  gpg spams the terminal with passphrase message

Status in GNU Privacy Guard:
  Fix Released
Status in gnupg package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: gnupg

  For some reason gpg insists on spamming the console with this useless message:
  -------
  $ gpg --quiet --no-use-agent --sign --passphrase XXX -u "YYY" --output SIG
FILE &> /dev/null

  You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
  user: "YYY"
  1024-bit DSA key, ID FFD40F72, created 2007-12-01

  --------
  This is despite the fact that:
  a) the passphrase is given on the command line (yeah, I know, it's OK here)
  b) I told it to be quiet
  c) I told it not to use the agent
  d) I redirected both outputs to /dev/null
  e) it doesn't actually _ask_ for the password (see point a) and the signing
works.

  I don't even know _how_ it does that with the outputs redirected.
  Anyway, this is really annoying in scripts.