Anything new here? I watched a movie on YouTube yesterday and due to the
stuttering it took me two hours instead of the movie's normal length of one and
a half hours.
This makes Youtube quite useless on my phone right now...

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Embedded YouTube videos stuttering and not playing back smoothly

Status in Oxide Webview:
  New
Status in Web Browser App:
  Confirmed
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu RTM:

  Related to bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1417258.

  Embedded youtube videos, like this:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2352016-papa-johns-airs-wrong-commercial-congratulates-seahawks-after-super-bowl

  or this:
  http://pages.ebay.com/shoptheworld/

  do not play back correctly. They exhibit stuttering and stopping, with
  oxide-renderer process using over 100% CPU.

  This was worked around on YouTube.com (and webapp) by using overriden
  UA string which makes YouTube send us a stream that we can playback
  smoothly. But this UA string is not presented to embedded videos
  within other sites.

  We should figure out how we can send the UA override to embedded
  videos (if possible), and if not what change could we make to our
  default UA string such that YouTube gives us content that we can
  render more efficiently.

  Other ideas?