The same behavior on 14.04 and 15.04 - if QT app is open, all windows
for it are closed, like Keepassx, skype, WPS office asks whether to save
the contents of documents (this kinda seems like pressing Alt+F4).

14.10, which was troublesome to use for me so I don't use it,  didn't
have this problem.

I'm running Dell, XPS 15 L521X model, can't verify on any other
computer.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtbase-opensource-src in

  Power button shuts down computer if a Qt application is running

Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:

  On Ubuntu 14.04, the usual behavior of the power button is bringing a
  dialog with options (Lock, Suspend, Restart, Shutdown) and waiting for
  the user's choice.

  When a Qt application is running, for instance Qt Creator or Texmaker,
  (but not VLC, Clementine or Skype) and the power button is pressed, it
  instantly closes that Qt app (http://qt-
  project.org/forums/viewthread/47632/), brings the shut down dialog and
  then shuts down the computer without waiting for the user’s choice.

  I first asked about this on this forum:
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/53243/#222409
  and reported it at Qt Creator, thinking it was the only application causing
it, where they told me to report it to Canonical:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-14030