** Description changed:

  [ Impact ]

  Not having the first character registered when trying to unlock the
  lockscreen can most definitely lead to frustration and thus, poor user
  experience.

  [ Test Case ]

  1. Lock the screen and let the monitor blank as well.
  2. Try unlocking the screen by typing your password.
  3. Observe lockscreen unlocks.

  [ Regression Potential ]

  None observed.
+
+ Debdiff of the SRU is found here:
+
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/886478/+attachment/4401967/+files/unity.7.2.5.debdiff

  Original Description:

  With the new lockscreen, if my screen is off, I just start typing, every
  time my password is too short. It looks like the first key only triggers
  the screen on and does not go to the input field.

  Package: unity 7.2.0+14.04.20140414.1-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins: No value set for
`/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
  CurrentDesktop: Unity