Additionally,

it seems that the dialog is blocking the screen, preventing the user to
check other windows

If I cancel the authentication, I am not sure how to restart the action
(that triggered the authentication request) later, like for example an
automatic bug report...

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to policykit-1 in Ubuntu.

  too few information on Authentication Dialog

Status in policykit-1 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in policykit-1-gnome package in Ubuntu:

  The "Authentication required" dialog gives really too few information
  about what requested it.

  This happens for example for bug reports for system programs, but not only.
  The question has also been asked, for example here:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/87288/how-do-i-tell-what-program-is-asking-for-a-password

  We have no clue where the dialog comes from.

  Especially as sometimes there is a delay between some action and the
  time when the dialog pops up, so it may seems it comes from nowhere.

  Also as the dialog uses a different theme (dark theme) compared to the
  application that may have triggered the dialog.

  I am no security expert, but I see this as a security vulnerability. I
  basically trust my system, but still I feel insecure typing my admin
  password in a window that pops up "randomly".

  What grants the origin of this dialog box?

  Package: policykit-1 0.105-8ubuntu2
  Uname: Linux 4.1.0-040100rc1-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.17.2-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Mon May  4 12:24:27 2015
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release i386 (20140417)
  JournalErrors: Error: command ['journalctl', '-b', '--priority', 'warning']
failed with exit code 1: No journal files were found.
  SourcePackage: policykit-1
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to vivid on 2015-04-27 (6 days ago)