As we do not have any backend support/schedule for it, I cannot express
any estimates. Perhaps this will fall into 16.04 timeframe, depends on
how much time we have and whether we get support from platform. By
platform I mean the new backend which omits the QtOrganizer/EDS
middlemen. With QtOrganizer this would be a bit hard to implement so the
timers are not mixed with alarms.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-toolkit in

  Clock app requires timers support from the platform

Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu:

  Similar to alarms, the clock app requires the platform to wake up and
  notify the user when a timer is complete. The clock app cannot do this
  by itself since it would be suspended as per the app life cycle
  policies.

  Clock App Timer design is tracked at bug 1427566.