$ uname -a
Linux pc-xxx 3.5.0-36-generic #57~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 20 18:21:09 UTC
2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ dpkg -l xserver-xorg-lts-quantal
~~~ snip ~~~
ii  xserver-xorg-lts-quantal         1:7.7+1ubuntu4~precise1          X.Org X
server

running xrandr --scale 1.3x1.3 (or any other factors) the display is resized
correctly and windows are showed for all the screen surface but mouse
boundaries remains set to the original dimension.

I don't know if it's relevant but the external display is connected with
the DisplayPort to my dell XPS laptop (intel graphic card).

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: patch
--
xrandr --scale --rotate command affects display but not pointer boundaries
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1202711