As the bug watch notfied, this issue has been fixed in Debian. However,
since the Ubuntu package has some additional patches, the new version
isn't synced automatically. If someone's up for it, it should be
possible to merge the latest Debian package and apply the Ubuntu patches
on top to get it into Ubuntu Wily. The Ubuntu patches among others
contains some symbols though, and I don't know how straight-forward
those are to deal with. For more information on (and how to) merging,
see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Merging.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pcre3 in Ubuntu.

  pcre3: enable jit again on ppc64el

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Confirmed
Status in pcre3 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in pcre3 package in Debian:

  In 8.35 it's not necessary to disable jit support on ppc64el. I sent a
  patch on debian :

  I can send a debdiff on Ubuntu, is it needed ?

  F.