** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dnsmasq in Ubuntu.

  dnsmasq sometimes fails to resolve private names in networks with non-
  equivalent nameservers

Status in dnsmasq package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in dnsmasq source package in Precise:
  Confirmed
Status in network-manager source package in Precise:
  Triaged
Status in dnsmasq package in Debian:

  A number of reports already filed against network-manager seem to
  reflect this problem, but to make things very clear I am opening a new
  report.  Where appropriate I will mark other reports as duplicates of
  this one.

  Consider a pre-Precise system with the following /etc/resolv.conf:

      nameserver 192.168.0.1
      nameserver 8.8.8.8

  The first address is the address of a nameserver on the LAN that can
  resolve both private and public domain names.  The second address is
  the address of a nameserver on the Internet that can resolve only
  public names.

  This setup works fine because the GNU resolver always tries the first-
  listed address first.

  Now the administrator upgrades to Precise and instead of writing the
  above to resolv.conf, NetworkManager writes

      server=192.168.0.1
      server=8.8.8.8

  to /var/run/nm-dns-dnsmasq.conf and "nameserver 127.0.0.1" to
  resolv.conf.  Resolution of private domain names is now broken because
  dnsmasq treats the two upstream nameservers as equals and uses the
  faster one, which could be 8.8.8.8.