** Project changed: xmir => xorg-server (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-system-compositor in

  [xmir] Screen flickers black during video playback on Intel graphics
  in dual screen mode (DPMS mode changes constantly)

Status in Mir:
  Confirmed
Status in Unity System Compositor:
  Confirmed
Status in unity-system-compositor package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  I am running unity system compositor on my desktop in dual screen mode
  with Intel HD 2500 graphics.

  When I play video, even when it's halted and the media player window
  (vlc and smplayer) is on another work place, the screen flickers
  black.

  I was able to find the following messages in /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
  [  8967.357] (II) Setting DPMS mode for output 1 to 0
  [  8967.884] (II) Setting DPMS mode for output 3 to 0
  [  8972.730] (II) Setting DPMS mode for output 1 to 0

  Watching the file with tail -f gives one or two new lines of these
  messages after each flicker.

  I experience this only on my desktop in dual screen mode, not on my
  laptop that also uses Intel graphics (HD 4000) and is currently
  running saucy.

  Totem and mplayer run from terminal are not affected.