I have set up a Google account in Online Accounts app. Every few weeks
there is a notification that applications can no longer access it and it
needs re-authorization.  I don't know if this is by design.

When I set up the account, Ubuntu should remember it forever until I
disable the account or change my credentials in Google.

It is bad usability that the account must be re-authorized and causes
users not to use the feature. I understand this increases security, but
mandatory re-authorization every few weeks is way too often from user's
point of view.

** Affects: ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts (Ubuntu)

Google account needs re-authorization
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1463376
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch
seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts
in Ubuntu.