I'm also having this issue. I noticed it when I tried to print with a DL
envelope, but it works fine with letter and A4.

Ubuntu 14.10
Epson stylus office BX625FWD

epson-inkjet-printer-workforce-635-nx625-series      1.0.1-1lsb3.2
cups
            1.7.5-3ubuntu3.2
cups-filters
        1.0.61-0ubuntu2.1

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  All jobs stopped, epson_inkjet_printer_filter failed

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  Kubuntu 12.04.1 64bit
  Cups 1.5.3-0ubuntu4
  EPSON WF-7520 - epson-inkjet-printer 1.0.0-1lsb3.2 - the last driver from
Epson.
  Connected via USB.

  The printer just stopped to print - every job added in "stopped" state and
this error:

"/opt/epson-inkjet-printer-201115w/cups/lib/filter/epson_inkjet_printer_filter
failed"

  The printer screen says "Printing" endless.

  Will happy to provide additional info to resolve this issue.