Just looked at the apturl diff: The proposed fix does not handle
rebuilds. In my function, I opted to strip them away, and translate the
ubuntu part to a local label, that is 1.0ubuntu1 becomes 1.0+ubuntu1.
1.0ubuntu1build1 would be the same PEP440 version number, but that's
fine.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to python-apt in Ubuntu.

  Plainbox tests are broken by PEP 440 incompatible Debian/Ubuntu
  packages

Status in PlainBox - Toolkit for Hardware / Software Testing:
  Confirmed
Status in apturl package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in python-apt package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in ufw package in Ubuntu:

  When running unit tests on my vivid VM I've noticed that many tests
  fail because there are extra lines printed by pkg_resources:

  - /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py:2512:
PEP440Warning: 'apturl (0.5.2ubuntu6)' is being parsed as a legacy, non PEP
440, version. You may find odd behavior and sort order. In particular it will
be sorted as less than 0.0. It is recommend to migrate to PEP 440 compatible
versions.
  -   PEP440Warning,
  - /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py:2512:
PEP440Warning: 'python-apt (0.9.3.11build1)' is being parsed as a legacy, non
PEP 440, version. You may find odd behavior and sort order. In particular it
will be sorted as less than 0.0. It is recommend to migrate to PEP 440
compatible versions.
  -   PEP440Warning,
  - /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py:2512:
PEP440Warning: 'ufw (0.34-rc-0ubuntu5)' is being parsed as a legacy, non PEP
440, version. You may find odd behavior and sort order. In particular it will
be sorted as less than 0.0. It is recommend to migrate to PEP 440 compatible
versions.
  -   PEP440Warning,

  I've discussed this with Barry Warsaw and a few other people and the result
is that yes, it's a bug in _each_ of those packages and those should be fixed.

  I think there are two things we need to do:
   - a long term plan should be based on fixing all of those one by one
upstream in debian/ubuntu
   - a short term plan should be to prevent those additional lines from break
our tests