Judging by above screenshots, the positioning on Krillin is different from
Mako. But its wrong in both cases. As I said, on Krillin it is positioned above
the searchbox (at least when one or two previous searches were made), in which
case its placed outside the visible shell.
See attached screenshot on Krillin. The bottom edge of the hint-box is just
about visible. In this case the soundcloud app but it's the same in any scope.

http://uppix.com/f-screenshot2015065582d2f70019332d.png

when list of previous searches is longer (3 or more), the positioning is
correct initially but I have found that you can move it around by
dragging. I am not quite sure that this is by design..

  search suggestion in scopes is shown outside visible shell on Krillin

Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  OS: Ubuntu-touch 15.04 r23
  Device: BQ aquaris 4.5e (Krillin)

  When activating a scope search box (i.e. when search box gets focus),
  the search suggestion hint box is placed above the search input. But
  this places it outside the visible area of the shell. (One can just
  make out the bottom edge of the hint-box but its not usable and so
  kind of anoying).