Hi all!

I did also some tests and want to post my results:

I test GPS signal with WIFI = ON and location service = OFF -> Then you
got no GPS signal in the Apps Here, Sensor Status, GPS Navigation

GPS signal WIFI = Off and location service = OFF -> NO GPS signal in all
three Apps

WIFI = ON and location service = ON -> GPS Signal was online but it
freezed sometimes in all three Apps. Actual GPS Signal only after
restart of the Apps. I also recognized that NearBy Scope showed that I
should be on a place which was about 250km away.

WIFI = OFF and location service = ON -> GPS Signal was activ all the
time, GPS Navigation App wasn't freezed

I tested it with a BQ Aquaris 4.5 Ubuntu 15.04 (r23)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to location-service in

  [Ubuntu Phone] With WIFI = ON the GPS stops

Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  New
Status in Oxide Webview:
  New
Status in Ubuntu Touch System Settings:
  New
Status in location-service package in Ubuntu:

  Hi!

  Steps:
  1. Enable WIFI = ON on phone.
  2. Run one of these apps: GPS Navigation, HERE maps, Sensor Status.
  3. Drive.
  4. When you'll be into a WIFI area as a town or city, I'm thinking the WIFI
will try to search WIFIs and then the GPS will stop, the GPS apps will not
receive more new positions from the GPS.

  Extra info1: If you had GPS Navigation & Sensor running, both of them
  will not receive new GPS positions from the device. If you restart for
  example GPS Navigation, GPS Navigation will receive new positions, but
  Sensor Status not, until you restart it too.

  Extra info2: When the GPS stops the icon in the status disappears, but
  it you kill and relaunch the app, the icon will appear again.

  Thanks in advance!