Affects me under workstation 9.0.4 (unity 7.2.5) & metal powered by
nvidia gtx680

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Alt-Grave (`) switcher has flickering/pulsing shadow artifacts

Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  1. Hold down Alt and keep it held down.
  2. Press and release the key above Tab (Grave, or `). Keep alt held down.

  While Alt is held down, the drop shadows for the window or windows of
  the current application will keep building up and then going back to
  normal and building up again. It's almost as though the windows are
  being redrawn may times per second into a buffer without clearing it
  first each time (but clearing it every second or so).

  While this is happening, I notice that the drop shadow for the top bar
  does the same thing. This can also be observed if one uses Alt-Tab to
  select an app that has multiple windows that then expand out into a
  similar display.

  I've observed this on systems with Intel, NVIDIA, and ATI display hardware,
so I don't think it's hardware-specific.
  All my Ubuntu systems have 2 or 3 monitors. I suspect multiple monitors are
needed to reproduce this.