HTH

** Attachment added: "The requested generator.tar file."

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1453912/+attachment/4422419/+files/generator.tar.bz2

  systemd does not unlock dm-crypt password

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  Since upgrading from version 14.10 to Kubuntu 15.04, my system does
  not boot normally any more.

  Maybe it's only a stupid oversight on my part, but not being a systemd
  pro, I'm currently at a loss of how to debug this any further.

  Hints and pointers to appropriate documentation are welcome!

  Kubuntu 15.04 quickly boots to a specific point where it seems to try
  to enable a dm-crypt partition which also carries /home, beside other
  data, and simply stalls.

  I'm not asked to enter my crytpdisk password and I also cannot enter
  it blindly without being asked.

  You can see the point where it stalls in the attached "screenshot"
  (photo of my screen).

  I can then press Ctrl+Alt+Del to cleanly restart the system but I
  could not find a way to get beyond this point with systemd.

  Using the alternative boot option with upstart works flawlessly.
  (Although booting with this boot option is really slow and it takes a
  while to reach the graphical login screen - it basically looks as if
  the system is waiting for some name resolving timeouts during boot,
  but that's a different issue, if've not debugged it further and maybe
  it's just gone once systemd works to boot my machine.)

  Further info about my setup:

  $ cat /etc/crypttab

  crypt /dev/mapper/main-cryptstore none luks,noearly,discard

  $ mount | egrep crypt
  /dev/mapper/crypt on /mnt/crypt type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
  /dev/mapper/crypt on /home type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
  /dev/mapper/crypt on /var/lib/mysql type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)

  Here the first entry is the actual mount point while the other mount
  points are bind mounts:

  $ cat /etc/fstab | egrep crypt
  /dev/mapper/crypt       /mnt/crypt      ext4    defaults        0       2

  /mnt/crypt/home                 /home           none    bind    0       0

  /mnt/crypt/var_lib_mysql        /var/lib/mysql  none    bind    0       0

  Package: systemd 219-7ubuntu4
  ApportVersion: 2.17.2-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: KDE