** No longer affects: docker (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: apparmor (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  Docker unix socket permission issue on ubuntu-core update

Status in Snappy Ubuntu:

  I have been running the docker framework (2015-06-15 1.6.1.002) on a
  Snappy Ubuntu Core (ubuntu-core/15.04/stable) instance on aws EC2. On
  June 11th the instance automatically upgraded from ubuntu-core version
  2 to ubuntu-core version 3 and rebooted.  The running Docker
  containers restarted without any issues, however when I next logged in
  to run a docker command I got the following error:

  FATA[0000] Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.18/containers/json: dial
  unix /var/run/docker.sock: permission denied. Are you trying to
  connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?

  I rebooted to see if it would help, but the error was still there. I
  checked the dmesg log and found the following entry was added when I
  tried to run a docker command:

  [   72.230872] audit: type=1400 audit(1434397079.776:12):
  apparmor="DENIED" operation="connect" info="Failed name lookup -
  disconnected path" error=-13 profile="docker_docker_1.6.1.002"
  name="run/docker.sock" pid=1025 comm="docker.x86_64"
  requested_mask="wr" denied_mask="wr" fsuid=1000 ouid=0

  I tried using the docker command both as a nonprivileged user and
  using "sudo". In both cases I was unable to run the docker command.

  I was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the
  docker framework using the commands:

  sudo snappy remove docker
  sudo snappy install docker