Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

  dhclient does not remain running on boot

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Not sure whether this is a systemd or ifupdown issue. I just happened to
notice today for a Wily VM (set up from server iso) that I failed to get a DNS
resolution for a VM I started earlier the day. DNS updates in my case are
related to DHCP updates. And on the DHCP/DNS server I noticed that the IP
address had been removed at some point. Looking at the VM, I find no dhclient
being started. When I manually run ifdown and ifup on the interface this does
happen. But not whenever I boot.
  Curious about this I also checked a Vivid VM (also server install) and this
looks the same. However for Vivid this seems fixed in the latest versions.

  Network config in /etc/network/interfaces:
  auto eth0
  iface eth0 inet dhcp

  Expected result:
  dhclient running for eth0