@Niklas Tabs component is not deprecated from UITK point of view. Design
uses slightly different naming than UITK for components they design,
they call Tabs now the component we call Sections (the strip bar under
right below the page header). The old Tabs design is deprecated, but
Tabs ended up in the hamburger (drawer) on the page header's left side
:)

@Roman, we are busy with bringing the convergence components to "market"
so you guys can use them and file bugs, so we can fix them together with
you guys asap. We will reload this work once the urgent tasks are done,
but as long as the Repeater + model approach works, we won't consider
this as critical.

Apologies and thanks for your patience.

** Changed in: ubuntu-ui-toolkit
    Milestone: september-2014 => None

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-toolkit in

  [tabs] Cannot add Tabs programmatically

Status in Ubuntu Shorts App:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu UI Toolkit:
  Fix Released
Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Won't Fix
Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit source package in Trusty:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit source package in Vivid:

  There seems to be no easy way to add a Tab to Tabs programmatically.

  I would be nice to be able add, remove and edit Tabs dynamically. So
  far I haven't found a way to do this.

  I have made an Android style ViewPager based on ListView. It is quite
  easy to update the pages with ListModel methods.

  UX Comments
  Tabs are deprecated, use the new header instead, or headers sections