I don't think we need to worry about this re profiles. The
implementation of what the options in Settings do is a design/backend
decision. I believe the defaults are correct already.

That said, we should enable the indicator profile switching.

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Nick Dedekind (nick-dedekind)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in

  [Indicators] Complete greeter profiles

Status in Indicator Date and Time:
  Invalid
Status in Messaging Menu:
  Fix Released
Status in Transfer Indicator:
  Fix Released
Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity 8:
  Fix Released
Status in gsettings-ubuntu-touch-schemas package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in indicator-messages package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in indicator-sound package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in indicator-transfer package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-system-settings package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu RTM:

  A recent change in the interest of security removed access to the
  indicators when the phone is locked and the greeter is showing.

  This was an accentual change based on a misunderstanding

  There had been a plan to support media playback control via the sound
  indicator. Without this the user must unlock the phone in order to
  simply pause the music or change songs, etc.

  Desired resolution:

  - Revert the change that caused this issue

  - Add a switch to System Settings to enable security conscious user to
  switch off Launcher and Greeter access while the phone is locked.
  This setting should *always* be off by default.
  <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityAndPrivacySettings#Locking>