Almost a year and no further comments?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-system-settings-
online-accounts in Ubuntu.

  Support for XMPP

Status in messaging-app package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts package in Ubuntu:

  Hi All,

  basically there are three things that block me to move to Ubuntu
  Touch. A missing spotify app (already in developement :) ), a missing
  mail app (planned for 14.04 :)  ) and finally a missing IM app --
  especially for XMPP.

  Thusly, I propose adding support for XMPP to the messaging-app. It
  already uses telepathy so we should be able to add this functionality.
  I would also be willing to work on this if somebody points me out
  where to start.

  I guess we would have to break this down into several work packages:
  setting up accounts, online/offline handling of friends, choosing
  protocols when composing a message etc. But first I would like to get
  some feedback if you would be okay with such a feature. Maybe it is
  already planned?