Public bug reported:

Many times it happens that the percentage of the battery shown is not
the real one.

Yesterday evening I had a big problem where the phone suddenly went from
20% to 0% and it shut itself down.

This is shown in the battery history graph, that I attach.

As you can see there are various vertical lines, clearly indicating that
the value jumps from  one point to the other.

This is a big problem, because if one sees that the phone has still 20%
of battery, one thinks that it still has 1/5 of its life span before
dying.

It is not the first time that this happens to me and others, and I
believe that anyone experiencing this should attach a picture of it, so
that eventually we might be able to resolve it, maybe with some kind of
approximations.

** Affects: indicator-power (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-power in Ubuntu.

  Weird battery values bq Aquaris 4.5

Status in indicator-power package in Ubuntu: