This version has expired

** Changed in: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  initramfs-tools on 2.6.32-17 will not install properly -- Cannot
  update/upgrade system at all.

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: initramfs-tools

  I am getting numerous errors when using aptitude in Lucid.  I cannot
  update or upgrade my system because I get errors.  For example, when i
  try to update I get this:

  Get:3 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com lucid/main Packages [1,374kB]
  E: Method bzip2 has died unexpectedly!
  E: Sub-process bzip2 received signal 9.
  E: Method /usr/lib/apt/methods/bzip2 did not start correctly
  E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to
correct the problem.

  And when I run "sudo dpkg --configure -a", there seems to be a problem with
initramfs-tools only being partially installed.  The package is broken for some
reason:

  Setting up initramfs-tools (0.92bubuntu69) ...
  update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)

  Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
  update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-17-generic
  Killed
  update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-17-generic
  dpkg: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
status 1