I agree with Yuri, for two reasons:
- this is how the phone acts, since the contacts are sorted according to the
"File as" values. So the "File as" should be printed as a replacement of an
empty name.
- this is what evolution does on desktops ! The behavior on phones/desktops
should be identical

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to address-book-app in

  Importing contacts without name gets phone no in first name field

Status in address-book-app package in Ubuntu:

  When importing contacts from a Google account, via syncevolution or
  the new user account sync option, Ubuntu Touch puts the phone number
  in the first name field if the contact doesn't have any first or last
  name entry in Google. This happens to a lot of my contacts that I only
  entered as companies, i.e. only filled in the company field.