** Changed in: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Andy Whitcroft (apw)

** Changed in: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu)
    Milestone: None => ubuntu-15.08

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  update-initramfs runs more often than necessary

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:

  A discussion that has come up before,  but I figured I'd file a bug.

  When you 'apt-get install <some-packages>' often times:
   a.) update-initramfs is called more than once for the same kernel
   b.) update-initramfs might not even be called (such as in bug 1466960).

  some conversation with infinity in #ubuntu-devel [1] indicates that he
  and apw have discussed how to do solve this.

  [1] http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2015/06/19/%23ubuntu-devel.html#t18:04

  Package: initramfs-tools 0.103ubuntu15
  ProcVersionSignature: User Name 3.19.0-21.21-generic 3.19.8
  Uname: Linux 3.19.0-21-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.17.3-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri Jun 19 18:19:15 2015