@lauriebradshaw
thanks for the comment, this is on our todo list. As you're missing this, we'll
try bump it up the list
-G

** Summary changed:

- [Enhancement] Add an API to lock surface orientation
+ [Enhancement] Add an API to adjust preferred surface orientation at runtime

** Also affects: qtmir

** Changed in: qtmir

** Changed in: qtmir

** Changed in: qtmir (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: qtmir (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mir in Ubuntu.

  [Enhancement] Add an API to adjust preferred surface orientation at
  runtime

Status in Mir:
  Fix Released
Status in QtMir:
  Triaged
Status in mir package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in qtmir package in Ubuntu:

  Sometimes, applications are written to take advantage of the entire surface
of screen. So they need a way to tell MIR, the orientation they want for
drawing themselves. This can be portrait for some, landscape for others, or
even combinations.
  Without this feature, portrait application get distorted when running in a
landscape oriented device.

  So, it would be nice to have an API, in MIR client, to precisely lock
  the orientation of the MirSurface used for drawing.

  My use case is a full-screen game, that require always Portrait
  Orientation. Another is a full-screen game that requires always
  Landscape.

  Better (future):
  - allow this even for non full-screen applications
  - allow combination like Portait+PortraitUpsideDown, or
LandscapeLeft+LandscapeRight
  - allow to change the orientation when the application run (so not only when
creating/requesting the surface).

  Remarks :
  - touch event may need to be translated into the correct coordinates system!