Public bug reported:

It would be nice to have some sort of visual indication when the message
we are currently writing is going to be broken down into multiple SMS
because it is too long. That would help those of us who are on prepaid
plans save some money.

** Affects: messaging-app (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  It would be nice to have some sort of visual indication when the message
  we are currently writing is going to be broken down into multiple SMS
- because it is too long. That would help those of us who have prepaid
+ because it is too long. That would help those of us who are on prepaid
  plans save some money.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to messaging-app in Ubuntu.

  Visual feadback when the message one is writing is going to be split
  into multiple ones

Status in messaging-app package in Ubuntu: