This is done in OpenSSH 7.0, but I plan to hold off on that for at least
a while to see if we can get Twisted Conch beaten into shape to support
SHA-2; the idea of spending months supporting people having to cope with
configuration changes from the default Ubuntu installation in order to
access Launchpad Bazaar/Git does not appeal ...

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu.

  Change SSH defaults to non-SHA-1 by 16.04

Status in openssh package in Ubuntu:

  For Security reasons, the Ubuntu Distro should change SSH defaults to
  use non-SHA-1 by 16.04.  That is, to default to SHA2 and, ideally, not
  permit SHA1.  This may break bzr+ssh on LP if done before
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1445619