Public bug reported:

I'm not sure I'm filing the bug against the right package.

The persistent notifications on vivid (phone) show a generic
human/contact icon, if no avatar was specified. However, that image may
not match all contexts in terms of who/what posted the notification (it
may be a server monitoring system, for instance, so clearly not a
person).

current build number: 24
device name: krillin
channel: ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en
last update: 2015-07-22 14:36:08
version version: 24
version ubuntu: 20150713
version device: 20150529-8e13c5f
version custom: 20150709-814-29-21-vivid

---

Feedback from Patricia Davila (design):

Yes, I agree, a generic contact icon does not add value or give any info
to the user in the context of a notification. As I mentioned, if the
avatar is not present, the notification artwork should display the
originating application's icon by default, rather than an generic
placeholder or 'nothing' at worst.

Please see the following spec for more information on layout and
behaviour of notifications in the notification centre:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xDSZ_dnAMAlhgFnnyjJEibaITXjVLp1_pnj_tATNm9I/edit#heading=h.xl5q9x18f0qi

** Affects: indicator-messages (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-messages in

  Should not use generic contact avatar

Status in indicator-messages package in Ubuntu: