I can't reproduce this in Ubuntu MATE 15.04 or Ubuntu MATE 15.10.

** Changed in: ubuntu-mate

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  ubuntu-bug is broken (only) within Mate, because of gvfs-open.

Status in ubuntu-mate:
  Incomplete
Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu:

  The ubuntu bug reporting system is rather badly broken, because when I
  run ubuntu-bug/apport-bug, it gathers data, then opens a new blank
  firefox window, but does not connect to launchpad!

  The root cause is this one:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/exo/+bug/1427144
  which basically means that apport needs to invoke firefox with a different
set of options.

  This should be trivial to fix, but I think it's rather important, especially
given how hard it is to get a direct report into Launchpad, and all the
redirects that emphasise using the ubuntu-bug tool:
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

  (I'm reporting this from Ubuntu Wily, though I think I recall seeing it in
Vivid)
  Apport version is:  2.17.3-0ubuntu4