On the other hand, so long as we fail hard in the case of invalid SSL
(and implement verification correctly!), because this is a specialized
app that uses a hardcoded URL, one could argue there is no need to show
anything extra. If a lock would provide more user assurance, then
perhaps make it a green lock. As such, feel free to take comment #3
under advisement if implementing this, but I'll soften my stance and say
it is not a requirement.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-scope-click in

  Paypal login cannot be assured to be from paypal

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  New
Status in unity-scope-click package in Ubuntu:

  When paying for an app with Paypal, the Paypal login screen is
  presented in an Ubuntu wrapper. There is no indication on this page
  that I'm actually looking at paypal.com rather than being phished or
  that some bad DNS has pointed me to a wrong site. The padlock in the
  top corner doesn't indicate anything I'm inclined to believe -- is it
  showing that the connection is https? Has it verified that I'm really
  talking to Paypal? How can I know that? This is encouraging people to
  type their Paypal password into phishing sites. The previous step in
  the purchase process, where I'm choosing which payment system to use,
  also displays a padlock, and that hasn't connected to any payment site
  at all.