** Description changed:

- I wanted to connect my local WiFi network today but didn't found it in
- the UI. I then manually triggered a
+ I wanted to connect my local WiFi network today (device was off before
+ and may have slept) but didn't found it in the UI. I then manually
+ triggered a

  $ sudo iwlist wlan0 scan

  on the command line which directly found my WiFi network whereas
  NetworkManager still didn't listed it.

  After power cycling WiFi the network was listed again on the UI.

  This is on Ubuntu Touch and mako:

  phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ system-image-cli -i
  current build number: 227
  device name: mako
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/ubuntu
  last update: 2015-08-28 09:13:42
  version version: 227
  version ubuntu: 20150828
  version device: 20150819
  version custom: 20150828

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  WiFi network is not listed by NM but listed by the kernel driver

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu: