** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  [mir]Touchpad edge swipes

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Fix Committed
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  I think it would be awesome to support touchpad edge swipes (fingers
  crossing the edge of the touchpad, swiping in). I don't know if we
  would be swiping with two fingers or one (one finger is more likely to
  be confused with another action that the user wants to perform, like
  moving the mouse cursor).

  Functionality can be the same or very similar to what we are doing on
  the phone: right-edge to switch between apps (or bring in the side
  stage), left edge shows the launcher, bottom edge would depend on what
  the app wants to do with it, and top edge can show system settings.

  Desired design:

  Two finger swipe across the touchpad edge should perform corresponding Unity8
touch interface edge gesture.
  - Left edge short swipe -> invokes the launcher if hidden
  - Left edge long swipe -> reveals desktop app
  - Right edge short swipe -> switches to the previously used app
  - Right edge long swipe -> spread/task switcher
  - Bottom edge swipe -> bottom edge action in currently focused app window
  - Top edge swipe -> indicators reveal

  Note that gesture should be traceable the same way as in touch
  interface. So as soon as the touchpad edge swipe is detected user
  controls the gesture and progress of the action is visible on the
  screen. Use control is the key throughout the gesture. Here we should
  follow what happens in Unity8 touch interface.