souwalker wrote:
> You have a Touch connected to  an expensive stereo via analogue L/R
> RCA? That's what I plan to do.

No, actually I have a Transporter connected to my Classe amp, to Sonus
Faber speakers with a REL subwoofer.

But, I do have a Touch, and its connected to some self powered speakers
and it sounds great. Not as good as my $10,000+ system, but very good.

Some folks with serious audio engineering chops say that the Touch is
"comperable" in sound quality to the Transporter. I haven't tried that
setup, but I can say that the Touch sounds way better than you'd expect
a $300 device to sound, when connected to some real speakers.

> I use pre/power amp for my 2 channel music and I am more concerned how
> analogue will sound via the Touch, hence I am looking for users with
> this sort of set up. I read alot of users are using Touch via toslink
> and a DAC so I am not sure how'd analogue would sound.

My rule on stuff like this is simple. Try the analog connection first. I
 bet you will like it.

If you have a much better than average Receiver/Amp you can connect the
digital out directly, but for most consumer grade amps, their internal
DACs are not impressive, and the Touch's analog output may beat it.

I do know that I preferred the sound of my Transporter to that of my
Benchmark DAC-1, which sells for about $1000 by itself.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/