pounce wrote:
> I'm curious if you are challenging the need for some people at all or
> you are trying to get a sense of the importance of it to determine if
> you believe the feature is one that should be added.

I'm not Phil, but unless shown otherwise, I think its a feature of low
value for 99% of the customers. And because of that, its not going to be
high on the Logitech engineer's priority list.

Since the code is open source, of course, someone else who thinks its
important can implement it.

> THE DEVICE HAS A HEADPHONE OUT ON IT.

I completely don't follow this. Of course it has a headphone output, and
if you use headphones, the one big argument that sometime you are not
sitting in the sweet spot goes right out the window.

> I don't think it's unreasonable to think people might want or expect
> some of the basic functionality they seem to have in their other
> electronics that produce sound.

I have no problems with people wanting it. And I expect that it will
happen sometime.

> Now sure why so many people are defensive on the issue

I'm not negative on this issue, but I believe I'm being realistic.
Adding a minor feature that will make a tiny percentage of the potential
purchasing customers change their mind is not high on the priority list
of any product company.

>> ...But don't hold your breath waiting or it...
>
> I think it would be better for Logitech to be making this kind of
> statement

Logitech never comments on future plans. They won't talk about it.

Again, this is a customer cooperative help forum. It is not where you go
for official support or for official product specifications.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/