Cut-Throat;692700 Wrote:
> A friend of mine does not have internet access where he lives, but can
> create a Network with an app on his Android Phone.

Does the phone actually operate as a router to create a local wifi
network, or is it just providing internet access? Does he also have a
local network with a router or a switch?

> He can surf the net just fine with his computers, but he is having a
> difficult time getting his SBTs to work properly. He can see the
> network on the SBT and connect to it, but it does not show up in the
> LMS on his Computer.
>
> Anybody else had success doing this?

You don't need internet access for the Touch and LMS to work on a local
network.

If the phone is actually operating as a wireless router to create a
local network then I couldn't imagine a more rickety setup. The network
will be down anytime the app isn't running and who knows how many other
problems are created when the phone moves around the house or a call is
in progress. He should get an inexpensive router even if he doesn't have
internet access.

--
JJZolx